8 - 13 years
This workshop is only suitable for ages 8 - 13
Workshop Leader: Phil Merriman
Create your very own songs inspired by a Polka show and perform them to family and friends. Bring an instrument if you play one but no previous experience is required!
- The children will work together to create, play and record their own pop song.
- Create: The children will create their unique song, with step-by-step guidance from the workshop leader.
- Play: There will be a strong element of performance (vocal work, body percussion and the chance to experience live instruments), although you don't have to have lots of music experience to take part.
- Record: We will be recording the final song - and will send it as a high quality MP3 by email.
- The workshop will culminate in a performance of the song - with some explanation of the creative process.
- There will be a final sharing for friends and family at 3.15 pm
Please note all activities may be subject to change.
- To bring a packed lunch
- To wear appropriate clothing
- After you have booked, please fill in and return the Emergency Contact Form. Your child will not be accepted onto a class without this information having been given in advance.
Annex, Polka Theatre
Fri 12 Apr, 10.30am - 3.30pm, 8 - 13 years
A Polka Theatre Creative Learning project