6 - 10 years
This workshop is only suitable for ages 6 - 10
Workshop Leaders: Clare Mason
In this workshop, we will welcome in the Spring be creating origami blossoms and blooms. Children will be encouraged to come away with a paper bouquet and the skills to keep on paper-folding!
- We will start by playing drama games and warm up activies in order to get to know each other and get imaginations in gear!
- We will make an origami story of how Spring time cherry blossoms came to Japan.
There will be a short juice and biscuits break.*
- We will learn how to make different simple origami flowers and either make bouquets or a vase or flower chains.
- At the end of the session, if there’s time, children can devise short puppet plays with origami characters.
Check out the Polka Blog for some cool origami activities to get you in the make-and-do mood!
Activities may be subject to change.
*Biscuits are Rich Tea and Juice is Orange Squash.
- To wear appropriate clothing
- After you have booked, please fill in and return the Emergency Contact Form. Your child will not be accepted onto a class without this information having been given in advance.
Annex, Polka Theatre
Tue 9 Apr, 10am - 12.30pm, 6 - 10 years
A Polka Theatre Creative Learning project